Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rampage

On Monday Dalton and I went a bouldering rampage. We each destroyed at least 20 boulder problems and between us we put up 4 FAs. We started at this amazing field that I had never been to. It was called the sketchy boulders or something and in a local hardman's backyard. The boulders were rad and had a crazy crimpy conglomerate brand of rock. We threw down for a while and found this incredible high ball line starting on a loaf of crystal jammed in a crack. After getting the deadpoint first move and several others I finally reached a tiny crimp and another tiny gaston. As my feet cut and I was really pulling down hard my left hand crimper broke and I did a 180 and fell 15 feet onto my stomach. Next attempt I stuck it.

Crystal Uppercut V5

We then moved on down the line to another secretive spot up off the parkway. Here we found the jackpot. Dalton showed me a boulder he had been scoping for over a year. We spent close to an hour cleaning out all the moss and lichen.

Dalton Trying Hard on the First Move on Whale Cancer

The left most line Dalton crushed second attempt. He hasn't decide on a name but it was a cool V3 with a wheelchair topout over a huge slab. The line just to right went as well after a good session on it.

Deadpoint to a two finger pocket, match on a bad sloper, hit the lip and then the crux is the mantle which was pretty highball. It took awhile for me to get the courage to really push it out.
Whale Cancer V6

We explored the area some more and there is enormous potential. We worked a couple things but to no avial. Then we headed back down the parkway and finished our last 13 problems, some with Bri and Alex, at Grandmother. By the time we drove out that night we were barely functioning. A victory beer and a delirious ride back ended our rampage for the day.

3 comments:

  1. F*** yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. dude. great write up. that picture of you doing the mantle is sick. great name for it too. so many more FA's to do. get syked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds AMAZING. those pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that sound like a pretty incredible day. Way to go...and keep up the writing!

    ReplyDelete