Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It Is Written

Just quick post so I won't forget. One of my longstanding projects went down. Junior and I went for a couple hours to the dump. I sent Unwritten Law 5.12b/c second go that day and it was so satisfying.

An interesting note is that I believe if I didn't execute perfectly second go I probably would have hit the ground. We were using one of Juniors old ropes and we checked before each of us climbed the first time but our second attempts we forgot. After our first attempts neither one of us took the huge whipper at the dyno move up top the rest of the day. So at the end of the day when we found a core-shot section of rope in which I could stick my finger into the middle of the core, we were a little awestruck. I have seen a few core shots before but this was the worst I've seen by far. I'm nearly positive it would have snapped with the force of the dyno fall up top.

I executed and, consequently, was not executed by the ground.

2 comments:

  1. wtf. . . livin on the edge. . you probably knew it was there you just wanted that extra psych to send the route haha john mccauley style

    ReplyDelete