Friday, March 18, 2011


Spent most of the day today driving from Charlotte to Boone which in general shouldn't take all day. But the mix of beer, too little sleep and daylight saving time made for a slow start.

I finally had that feeling I've been dreaming about now for months. Total freedom, mobility, ecstasy, friends and climbing all kind of rolled into a delicious ball. It usually comes about when I have the windows rolled down and bumpin some loud music and today it was no different

The idea that I could stop anywhere and take a nap and then go climbing wherever I wanted is amazing. So I went to grandmother Mountain with only a couple problems on my tick list and no real expectations. All of them had felt impossible last time I was there months ago. After warming up and reconfiguring my beta I sent Clamper V8 relatively quickly. It's tall and squeezy and with no one there to spot me the topout was a little nervey.

Now I am at Justin and Sarah's just relaxing with my own guest bedroom in a gated community with its own boulderfield. After a lot of sleep I plan to crush it up then down.

No comments:

Post a Comment